Rules and Regulations
Kompas Bali Bike 2012.
The following rules and regulations apply for the Kompas Bali Bike 2012, a bike tour of Bali organized by Kompas daily. The routes, tracks and timing of the event are at the discretion and authority of Kompas daily. All participants are to follow the event itinerary, inclusive of the daily routes and tracks from the starting point to the finish.
Kompas Bali Bike is open to the public. We welcome all participants contingent on the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- Of reasonably good health and not suffering from any health condition that will endanger him/herself through the physical exertion of biking 100 km each day. Kompas daily and the organizers of Kompas Bali Bike 2012 will not be responsible or accountable for any liability from medical expenses that may result from participation in the Kompas Bali Bike 2012. Participants assume all risks and liabilities associated with their participation in this event.
- Participants should be at least 18 years of age.
- Participants must meet all requirements as stated in these rules and regulations.
- Participants must complete the registration form with the required information before joining the Kompas Bali Bike 2012.
- Participants will settle their registration fee as part of the registration process.
- The registration fee includes management, accommodation and meals during the tour. All expenses incurred to reach the starting point and after the tour ends at the finishing point are entirely the responsibility of the participants.
- Participants must follow the designated route and cannot choose a preferred or alternate route during the tour.
- Cancellations made from 30 days to 14 days before the event date will incur a charge of 50% of the registration fee. There will be no refunds of registration fees for cancellations made within 14 days of the event date.
Kompas Bali Bike 2012 is designed as a fun ride and not a competition. However each participant has to reach the finish within the allotted time frame as decided by the organizer. The maximum speed permitted along the entire route is 25 km per hour. The allotted time for each day's ride will be provided by the organizer at the beginning of the tour.
- Participants may use any type of bicycle (Mountain Bike/Road Bike) during the tour; however, changing bicycles during the tour without the organizer's consent is not permitted.
- Participants are only allowed to use a bicycle that is propelled solely by human power to travel the route. Utilizing motors or other moving engines with the bicycle is not allowed.
- Participants are expected to obey Indonesian traffic laws and regulations during the tour.
- Each participant who elects to use his/her own bike must outfit their bike with the following:
- Front and rear independent lights as required by Indonesian traffic regulations.
- A red reflector on the back of the bicycle.
- A sticker or any designated gimmick provided by the organizer of Kompas Bali Bike 2012
- Each participant using his/her own bike must prepare the tools and spare parts that may be needed to ensure smooth participation during the Kompas Bali Bike 2012 tour.
- Participants are not allowed to bring personal backup or escort vehicles along the route of the Kompas Bali Bike 2012.
- During the bike tour, participants are required to wear the jersey provided by Kompas Bali Bike according to the designated schedule.
- Participants must follow the route of the tour based on the route map published by the organizer of Kompas Bali Bike 2012.
- The organizer of Kompas Bali Bike 2012 reserves the right to modify the route and tracks; this may include shortening or lengthening the distance before or during the tour, as deemed necessary for safety and security reasons, or unforeseen situations that do not permit use of the original route.
- All participants must adhere to the route designated by the organizer of Kompas Bali Bike 2012. If anyone departs from the route for any reason, he/she must continue the tour from the same point where he/she left the route and continue the tour based on the route provided.
- Participants who are unable to adhere to the route will be removed from participation at the end of each leg.
All the routes and tracks for the Kompas Bali Bike 2012 will begin together at the starting point, regrouping points and break points along the entire route to the finish point.
- The starting point is the place where all participants start the tour. The start for each leg will be determined by the organizer.
- Each regrouping point will be located at a 30 km distance or at another location deemed necessary by the organizer to ensure that all participants cycle together along the route.
- Each break point will be located at a 60 km distance or another location appointed by Kompas Bali Bike 2012. Here the participants will be given a 45-minute break to enjoy lunch provided by the organizer.
- Participants are not permitted to cycle ahead of the road captain who must be at the front of the convoy at all times.
- Participants are not permitted to cycle behind the sweeping team who are to be at the rear of the convoy at all times.
- Participants who are cycling behind the sweeping team will removed from the race, but will be permitted to continue the tour if he/she is considered strong enough to keep up with the rest of the group.
- The organizer will not allow participants to continue a leg of the tour if he/she is determined by paramedics to be medically unfit to continue.
- Participants who are disqualified for one leg may be permitted to continue the next leg only after being cleared by the medical team provided by the Kompas Bali Bike organizer.
- Unless for specific personal needs during the tour, each participant will receive logistic support in terms of daily meals, drinks, fruit and snacks supplied by the Kompas Bali Bike organizer.
- Participants are strictly prohibited from receiving any logistics support from another party, including other vehicles, local stores, local people or another rider during the tour.
- Kompas Bali Bike organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant who is found to have received any form of outside support as mentioned above.
- No substitution of another person for any participant is allowed during the Kompas Bali Bike 2012.
- Participants must obey traffic regulations and laws. If the route traverses a section of road that is not covered by traffic regulations, the participants must as reasonably and practically as possible comply with the rules according to the conditions of the road.
- Participants may ride on their own or with assistance from other participants during the route. Particpants may help or receive help from other participants and the supporting team of Kompas Bali Bike 2012, but may not receive assistance from anyone not participating in the tour.
- Participants must obey all reasonable requests from the organizer of Kompas Bali Bike 2012.
- Participants must ride courteously and behave in a manner of good sportsmanship, and also must not endanger other participants, persons or property.
- Participants must not behave in a manner deemed disrespectful to the environment or other persons, or in any way that may discredit Kompas Bali Bike 2012 and Kompas daily.
- The organizer of Kompas Bali Bike 2012 is entitled to test the cycling ability of each participant if there are any questions about a participant's skill and competency to participate in the tour.
- All participants must attend the opening and closing ceremonies and other events organized by Kompas daily during the Kompas Bali Bike 2012. Participants who are absent from the scheduled events will not receive any certificate, medal or other recognition of their participation in Kompas Bali Bike 2012.
- The Kompas Bali bike organizer has the right to disqualify any participant who violates any of these rules and regulations during the tour. Participants can be disqualified at any time before, after or during the tour. The Kompas Bali Bike 2012 organizer will immediately cease all support to the disqualified participant.
- Participants will be immediately disqualified from Kompas Bali Bike 2012 if his/her cycling behavior puts themselves or other people in danger.
Kompas Bali Bike Organizer is not responsible for any kind of loss experienced during participation in the tour. The organizer will not be responsible for any claim for damage to participants' belongings that occurs before, during or after the Kompas Bali Bike 2012 if it is caused by the participant's own reckless behavior or any accident that occurs during the tour.
- Participants of Kompas Bali Bike 2012 are covered by insurance within specified coverage limits. Other expenses which do not come under the insurance coverage are the participant's personal responsibility.
- In the event of personal injury or death of participants caused by negligence of participants or due to any accident that occurs during the tour, the organizer of Kompas Bali Bike 2012 and Kompas daily will not be held liable or responsible.
During the closing ceremony, participants in the Kompas Bali Bike 2012 will have the chance to win door prizes, as listed below.
- Five tickets to participate in Kompas Bali–Komodo 2012 which will be held on September 18-24, 2012.
The organizer of Kompas Bali Bike 2012 reserves the right to use documentation in the form of photos or videos of all participants, both during the preparation or the tour, for media publication and marketing programs, without the provision of compensation or remuneration.